View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #13
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pripyat View Post
Hi everyone,

Just a stupid question. If I set up a standby screen picture for my reader its not gonna be "burn" into the screen like on the old computer screens? Or drain the battery because the picture is there?

Sorry for the stupid question.
The answer to both questions is "no". An eInk screen is completely different from both old and new computer screens. It only uses battery when it changes what is on it (like when you turn the page in an ebook), and there's no picture burn.

And for future reference, stupid questions are "should I drink battery acid?", or "should I run blindfolded into traffic?", or "should I tell Inigo Montoya I'm the one who killed his father?". Asking for information about a subject you are not an expert in, is not stupid. It's research.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote