View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #14
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by travfar View Post
There has to be something different. I was at Staples yesterday where they had the Nook side by side with the Kindle 3. The Nook had far more contrast.
You're not the first to say there's a difference between devices which shouldn't show any, because they have the same Pearl screen. Usually we put that on the font choice and rendering engine, but it seems the Nook Touch has the Caecilia font as well (though I don't think it's exactly the same as the Kindle). Maybe it could come from different quality of batches of eink production, but it's pretty much a mystery to me. Note that mobiletechreview did a 30 minutes Kindle vs Nook Touch video, and that they didn't mentioned any difference in contrast, in fact they liked Kindle's rendering slightly better.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote