View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #26
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anke Wehner View Post
It sounds wrong.
Might be just habit. I think I'd been reading quite a lot for 15-20 years of my life before I came across my first book in present tense, and I just could not get into it.
I think first-person present is difficult to sustain throughout the length of an entire novel. I often enjoy it in short stories; it gives a sense of immediacy to the narration. It tends to go over best with audiences who view the story as an avenue for artistic expression rather than as a quick entertainment thrill.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote