View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #12
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Why so many books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
<SNIP!> I don't understand the need for 4000 books on the device at one time. You're not going to need that many books in a day or even a week. Why not have several sd cards with a limited number of books on each? Perhaps grouped in a certain way - genre, author, subject, whatever. <SNIP!>
My library contains 7000 paper books. When I travel I may be away for 3-6 weeks at a time, and I do not know what I may feel like reading while I am gone. Even more I do not know what I may want to look up in a book I'm not reading (and I've just realised that there should be a search engine in the firmware).

I presently do as you suggest, but loose SD cards are tiny and easily lost. Putting everything on a card, and the card in the book, is the way to go. (Even better would be an ebook with a 32,000 book [16 GB] internal memory.)

James - who needs an auto-handling book scanner to put his dead tree library into electronic form
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote