View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #21
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Anyhow... what I really wanted to ask, though, was what do you find so off-putting about writing in the present tense?
I find it so contrived. How is the story being recorded so that I as the reader can experience it as it happens? Third person present tense is like the reader is God, watching the story unfold. First person present tense is the worst -- I'm telling the story as I'm living it out. Really? Fighting monsters and narrating the fighting as it happens? No. Sorry, I find that completely unbelievable. If a novel CANNOT suspend disbelief, for me it's a failure. :P

JMO of course.
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote