View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #14
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW/DX/iPad2/5S/Tab3 Past:NewtonOMP>N120> Palm3>3c> iPAQ3850>Droid>K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmay View Post
As a reader, I appreciate being able to return a book I know I won't read. For instance, I got caught up in the hype over Water For Elephants and one-clicked, despite my usual policy of sampling first. When I sat down to read it and realized it was written in present tense, I went right to Amazon to return it. I *LOATHE* novels written that way. It might be a great story, but it's "not for me."
Off on a tangent here...

I didn't really like WFE very much either, but not for that reason. I actually found WFE to be one of the few stories where the movie was better than the book. (They combined two characters, which reduced the confusion a bit, made the main character more likable in his older state, etc)

Anyhow... what I really wanted to ask, though, was what do you find so off-putting about writing in the present tense?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote