View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
hargikas
hargikas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Greek titles on Kindle 3

Hello All,

I have a Kindle 3 (Wifi & Free 3G) with Version: 3.2.1 and I am using Calibre Version 0.8.14 on Windows 7.
Everything works fine except the following Issue. When I am adding Greek books on my library and edit the metadata using Greek (Greek Title & Greek Author) and so on, a peculiar thing happens:

When it is a pdf document transferred to my kindle, the title (& the Author) is transformed in Latin Letters. (For example the title "Κανόνες και Διαδικασίες" will appear on my kindle as "Kanones kai Diadikasies".

When a mobi document is transferred to my kindle, the title (& the Author) is transformed in question marks (?). For example the title "Άμλετ" will appear on my kindle as "?????"

I see that the filenames used in the library and kindle are all in Latin letters (that explains the pdf transformation). I think that the second example is an encoding issue (utf-8 to something else) inside the metadata file.

I think this is not only a problem with Greek, but with other encodings also. If I transfer a file with a Greek filename everything is presented correctly (I can see Greek in my Kindle). Also the content is correct.

Cheers,
Harry
hargikas is offline   Reply With Quote