View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
question 1: does the iLiad require a few recharging cycles before the batteries are functioning at full efficiency?
That's my understanding. iRex has said on their forum that it takes a couple cycles before you will see the full efficiency.

Quote:
question 2: does anyone have a clue how long it should last given that i mostly use my iliad to read a paper once a day (Meaning i will have my stylus out, but generally not near the tablet while i'm reading), and lightly annotating while reading books, usually in portrait but sometimes in landscape mode. i also tend to take fairly long pauses between pageflips, or read something, then type stuff out that comes to mind while reading (thus effectively idling)
i get about 8-9 hours atm doing this, and i thought the v2 should've been better than that?
Just having the pen out (not even writing with it) will cause increased battery drain. There's a layer of the screen for the pen usage which is activated when you remove the pen, and then deactivated when the pen is back in the holder. I know that just reading (pen in the holder, not using memory cards) should give you around 15 hours with the v2.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote