View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 02:50 AM   #1
tedcross
Member Retired
tedcross began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300, Nokia E61i, Moto E3
How I read ebooks

I have been reading ebooks for some years on various handheld devices. The most recent purchase is a Sony PRS-300 Reader for EPUB format: this is excellent for reading straight through a novel or biography, but it does not support dictionary lookup or annotation. My second device is a Palm Treo 650 phone for Mobipocket, eReader, BDicty, Palm DOC, Bible+ and TomeRaider3 formats. The Treo is excellent for reading, but it cannot handle EPUB format and the battery life of 10-12 hours is much less than the Reader. The third and final device I use is an old Psion Revo for Mobipocket, Palm DOC and TomeRaider2 formats. Despite the age of its technology the Psion is clear and easy to read, although the battery life of just 7 hours is something of a restriction.
I have decided not to buy a Kindle for two reasons. Firstly, I do not want to be restricted to Amazon for ebook purchases: I can buy EPUB books from several leading UK retailers. Secondly, Amazon do not offer Kindle software for Symbian phones, and I have a Nokia E60 phone that is still used sometimes.
tedcross is offline   Reply With Quote