View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #92
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBird View Post
Maybe it's my age, but I don't know anyone who just does email and internet on their home computers. Not even my grandparents.

My artistic friends create movies, either professionally or for YouTube. Others do serious photography. Neither of which can run well on even a laptop. You need big screens and lots of power for real work in these fields. Even my 93 year old grandfather uses Photoshop.
Well, laptops have outsold desktops since around 2003. Your friends and grandfather are not "most" of computer users if they are doing things that can't be done on laptops.

Quote:
I know, myself, I have 3 different CAD programs on my computer, not to mention several programming languages. I'm not alone in this.
You may not be alone in that, but surely you don't think that is anywhere NEAR the norm for anything approaching "most".
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote