View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
attemptress
Enthusiast
attemptress began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Broken PE power socket

Okay, here's the problem:

The wee little pin in the center of the power socket of my PE busted off into the AC/DC adapter plug over the weekend.

I ended up at least temporarily destroying my adapter to retrieve the wee pin (really more like a tube).

Luckily, I have a couple of extra "universal"-type adapters that work just fine, so that part isn't the problem.

The problem is figuring out how to stick the wee pin in again so it stays put and/or replacing the whole socket.

I took apart my PE, and discovered the socket is soldered in good n' tight. I'm not overly confident in my ability to replace it . . . unless someone's got some good advice as to how to go about it.

I tried heating the end of the pin with some solder, and sticking it in there, but, of course it was too cool by the time it got down in there to stay put.

My temporary fix (that, surprisingly, works), was to take a piece of wire salvaged from a broken cordless phone that had a bit of solder on it, heat it, put it in the hole made by the missing pin, and place the pin over the wire. The PE charges with this set-up, BUT the pin comes out with the adapter (although so far, the wire stays in place).

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Also, while my "universal" adaptor works in the interim, it's kinda big. Does anyone know where I can get either a smaller AC/DC adapter or a replacement PE adapter?

Thanks
attemptress is offline   Reply With Quote