View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 11:37 PM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
The Remote

So since there is no display on the main unit, the remote is where all the action is. It's *very* small, smaller even than I expected, and it takes some getting used to. It has only a few buttons and two jog wheels that double as buttons. Navigation takes a little practice but is not difficult. However, it ain't a clean beautiful iPod click wheel. All in all the remote is a bit of a trade off. Keeping everything small has certainly forced compromises. I admit to being a bit concerned when I first opened the box, that I would not adapt well to the interface, but after a couple of weeks I have to say that there is no problem.

The screen is small but packs a lot of information. Text that spills off the screen is automatically scrolled past and the speed of this scroll is adjustable. The screen can read out the ID3 tag information if it is present, or it can be set to simply show the filename. If you are interested in particulars about the screen or GUI, head over to the photo gallery at DAPreview. They also have galleries of the M3 itself and the remote, both with a ridiculous number of photos of much better quality than mine.