View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 04:29 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkookumPete View Post
You can create a hanging indent paragraph style, but I've been unable to replicate two levels of hanging indent (such as in a block of verse where alternate lines are indented differently, and you want both styles to hang when text is wrapped).
The mobipocket format as a special align="poetry" attribute that should right-align wrapped lines. I don't know if the Kindle supports it, and you probably need to use a set of <p></p> for each line.

Quote:
You can also use the font-variant attribute to create small caps
As all CSS, that depends on the converter. The mobipocket format does not support any kind of CSS, only a kind of pseudo-HTML language. Most converters, however, can recognize at least some CSS and transform it into something mobipocket likes. In the case of small-caps, you probably end up with something like: T<font size="-1">HE</font> C<font size="-1">OMING</font> <font size="-1">OF</font> S<font size="-1">PRING</font>

Quote:
Lots has been said about curly quotes
And one of the things I have said several times already is that you cannot trust any automatic parser, you should always at least manually check the result, particularly when there are apostrophes at the beginning of a word (like 'em, 'tis, 'ouse...), and worse if they are mixed with single quotes.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote