View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #78
Lost In Space
Lost In Space began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Cover HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxsnop View Post
There is a NEW firmware for the iRiver Story HD Basic (non-Wi-fi) in the oficial website but it's so curious because it looks like a downgrading. The fw is v. 1.00 and indicated like NEW firmware but nothing about features or changes.

P.S. Could anybody post an alternative link for downloading? The Europe download is terrible and impossible to get complete.
The 1.00 firmware is not new, it is the original firmware. There is a bug in the 1.10 firmware that makes it impossible to read drm-protected books if you authorized Adobe Digital Editions before you installed firmware 1.10. That's why they have put out the 1.00 version for download for those that ran into those problems.

It is almost impossible to download a file from Iriver here in Europe. I download my firmware from the Swedish agent. Here is the link to 1.00: http://www.canman.se/wp-content/uplo...storyhd1.0.zip

By the way: My verdict of the Story HD is that it is the best gizmo I have seen so far for reading books. Not much of bells and whistles, but really easy to use and the best display at the moment. Maybe they will add some more functionality to the firmware later, but if you want a reader for reading books, this is the one to get for now. I only wish they would improve their customer support.

Last edited by Lost In Space; 08-12-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Lost In Space is offline   Reply With Quote