View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
Ransom
Banned
Ransom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle-3
Let me clarify that H1, H2, and H3 in an HTML editor will almost always use the same font as the regular text except larger and in bold. H1, H2, and H3 in a word processor and can be almost any font. Word 98 used to actually use Arial for headings and without putting them in bold. H3 produced an Arial 14 point non-bold type. So if you used Times 12 point for the body of the text (which was the default) and Arial 14 non-bold for the headings, there would be very little difference between the two in size. But a Times heading in 14 point bold is considerably larger than Times in 12 point regular, and this is still typically the default in HTML editors.

Of course you can change the heading values in your word processing app and HTML editor, but how many people do? I'm just saying that I think it would be wise to keep things as simple as possible for people. I'm not sure what the answer is on the headings thing now that I think of word processors being different in that regard.

I do think that programming Calibre to ignore super and subscript hyperlinks would be a good idea though. That way, people can use whatever size heading they want without having to worry about their footnote hyperlinks being treated as chapter headings (providing they use super/subscripts for the footnote numbers).

Oh well, it was just a thought.

Last edited by Ransom; 08-10-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote