View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #12
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Kindle Touch and PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by misling View Post
Woorm: what about books you've 'downloaded' to 'read locally'? ad-hype says you can do that.
Also what about books you have 'open' in the browser? are they in the browser cache somewhere or the temporary internet files location? Possibly that would be a different format. I would expect them to be encrypted somehow or other, just to enforce the DRM.
I just tested turning my wifi off.

I am able to read the downloaded book on my iPad but of course, I can't browse my collection.

So for reading a book, there is no additional bandwidth I believe. The data or ebook file is being kept locally.

The question is .. will this be the beginning of the end for Kindle on iOs? Because I must admit, Kindle for iOs is a very mature and nice app. A browser is a very clever idea, but limited on some aspects anyway. On Kindle for iOs I can even use the dictionary while being offline. I don't see a dictionary using web browser alternative.

Last edited by jocampo; 08-10-2011 at 11:02 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote