Originally Posted by SCION
I'm genuinely interested in knowing why someone prefers Moon+ over the most recent release of Mantano. Maybe I've rushed in making the switch, having overlooked something of importance.
I evaluated Mantano a while back, but I forget the exact version. I tried their most recent version, but their license server is not reset so all I can use it for is everything but book reading
At the time Moon+ inched out ahead with some key features. I'd be interested to see if Mantano has caught up.
Here are the features I find important and features Moon was better at.
* Social post (evernote)
* ODPS support (Calibre online catalog) . Using calibre's tags ans search engine is just too useful.
* No margins support, I can't understand why apps require a min margin.
* TTS control and feature was better on Moon.
* Dictionary integration with colorDict, Fadora, wiki
* Annotations worked better in moon.
* Moon had complete control of the layout, the big drawback was that the original layout was comprised.
* Neither have a good image viewer, like the kindle has, where you can zoom into the uncompressed image. However the preview mode of Moon does let one pinch to zoom. Note this is still a horrible workaround, but at lest it's better than nothing.