View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
BartB
BartB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I'm the same as Chinamike. I have been using Calibre on my Kobo (bought May 2010) very successfully as has my wife with hers (wifi version). Then I upgraded the firmware last month (July) and have had nothing but grief ever since, as has my wife.

My wife has difficulty switching the reader off with the power button 85% works - 15% does not. I try to upload an epub I'm compiling as the author releases each chapter and I can find it using Nautilus and can read it using the ereader that comes with Calibre. I disconnect Kobo, wait to "update" and it is not available (cannot see it) yet I look again with Nautilus and there it is.

I've tried to do the radical reset as suggested in other posts but cannot find the download on the Kobo site that is recommended (the link gives a "404 - not found").

Anyway, did the Calibre update and still have the same problem.

I let this rest for the last week and a half as I was getting very angry. This looked hopeful but the frustration factor is back. The biggest irritation is that I down under and Canada is on top. The response time to inquiries is somewhat myopic and slow. :-(

Pity as I like the ereader concept.
BartB is offline   Reply With Quote