Thread: video in epub
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 03:52 AM   #31
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Mom or Dad is supposed to supply the Audio Visual effects while reading a book to smalls.
Agree, that's the fun part to reading to my children. Supply the funny voices, sound and movement effects and so on.

However, I do see a market for it when we look at childrens books. I also know that this was a 'logical' movement. Could they only please do the following things *as well*
1. provide stronger wording in the format description instead of 'should' and alike
2. fix the formatting issues we have now (should be solved by point 1...)
3. Bloody agree on the specifications and stick by it.

When not possible, please make it a derivative/fork of the specifications and call it different.

It the near future we are almost obliged to create at lease the following formats:
1. ePUB (ADE)
2. ePUB (Nook)
3. ePUB (iBooks)
4. mobi

And I wouldn't be surprised that if/when Amazon/Kindle supports ePUB in the future that there would be an additional on. Probably they will have their own flavour...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote