View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #40
gwhite
Enthusiast
gwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texangwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texangwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texangwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texangwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texangwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texangwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texangwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texangwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texangwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texangwhite might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3
I have a MA Hon. as well as various professional qualifications but would claim that the most important part of my education was self-taught. I was brought up in a home that had no books and was so hungry for reading material that I read everything in sight from women's magazines to sauce bottles. The most important event in my young life was when a library opened in our mining village. This was literally life-changing and I withdrew a great many books but being totally ignorant could not discriminate. The result was, at age ten or eleven onwards I was reading Charles Lamb, Hazlitt, Coleridge and all the authors of antiquity along with all of the modern writers. School, I found an impediment rather than a help.
I delivered the morning papers from six in the morning to eight-forty then off to school before evening delivery at five lasting to seven-thirty. Not being able to afford comics. I read those being delivered and was a speedy reader as well as a speedy runner.
If you are a reader then you will read, and the type of education or the complete lack of it will not influence this one whit.
gwhite is offline   Reply With Quote