View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #40
gwhite
Connoisseur
gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Paperwhite
I have a MA Hon. as well as various professional qualifications but would claim that the most important part of my education was self-taught. I was brought up in a home that had no books and was so hungry for reading material that I read everything in sight from women's magazines to sauce bottles. The most important event in my young life was when a library opened in our mining village. This was literally life-changing and I withdrew a great many books but being totally ignorant could not discriminate. The result was, at age ten or eleven onwards I was reading Charles Lamb, Hazlitt, Coleridge and all the authors of antiquity along with all of the modern writers. School, I found an impediment rather than a help.
I delivered the morning papers from six in the morning to eight-forty then off to school before evening delivery at five lasting to seven-thirty. Not being able to afford comics. I read those being delivered and was a speedy reader as well as a speedy runner.
If you are a reader then you will read, and the type of education or the complete lack of it will not influence this one whit.
gwhite is offline   Reply With Quote