View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp272 View Post
I have installed the 'Collections plug-in' to Calibre and created collections based upon both series and title. Some small collections are correctly sorted but I suspect this is my by luck than anything else. I have a collection of Bernard Cornwell's 'Sharpe' which runs to more than 20 volumes.

I have meticulously edited the metadata to ensure each is given the appropriate number in the series but when I look on my Kindle 3 they are not in the right order.

Please can anybody tell me how to do this.

TIA

kindest regards
Roger

Computers sort Text by character weight.
You many need Leading 0's in your template to keep things weighted
Without leading 0, you get:
1 foo
10 foo
100 foo
2 foo
20 foo
200 foo

with
001 foo
002 foo
010 foo