View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulnjean View Post
I had no idea they were so alike. I didn't know that the 1150 could also read .rb. Is that true? Will my books that I have converted from .lit to .rb work on an 1150? Do you know for sure? I think I might like to upgrade to a newer 1150 if I can still use my converted ebooks. My 1100 takes a long time to flip a page once I'm about a third into a book, is that a problem with the 1150? I also was under the impression you were locked into Fictionwise's bookstore. Alot of questions I know but I would like other opinions before I make the switch. Thanks in advance Paul
The two ebook readers are similar in size, but use two different 'everything'. They have nothing really in common.

The comment that the 1150 can use ".rb" referred to the personal content server where you upload the .rb and it places a .imp/.res in your online bookshelf. Then you connect the 1150 and download it directly to the 1150 via usb cable connected to your PC or via telephone line link. This process has *failed* to convert from .rb for me in the past!

The eBook Technologies, Inc. website has a support program called RB2Project which converts .rb to .imp as well. The GUI interface (drag and drop) doesn't work very well as it doesn't finish the conversion. The eBook Publisher is then used to complete the conversion. However, if you use the command line and give it the proper options/switches, then it DOES finish the conversion!

I primarily converted from .lit/.prc to .rb BEFORE I got my 1150 and now I do the same from .lit/.prc to .imp using Lit2sb and Mobi2IMP found here in the fictionwise forum. You can view .imp files with the PC ebook viewer. Do some conversions and judge for yourself if you like the process!

You mentioned page flip problems deep into the book. I personally have never come across this and have converted huge ebooks.

Most people that have a 1150, I think, would buy from the Fictionwise site in multi-format and convert to .imp. This way you are NOT locked into an "end" format like .imp.

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-09-2008 at 08:34 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote