View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
OK, when you had it open did you check the cable from the button board was seated completely - asked just in case there was a no connection situation.

If all was OK then the next thing to do is to revert to 1.6 using the golden update. This 'update' is a complete install of the operating system whereas Ermine only replaces part of that with updated sections.

Since you updated to Ermine you know what to do to make it work - just use the update.golden.1.6.zip and make sure it is for the PE. Do check you have a good download as it is over 200 MB.
Thanks.

Probably the cable connection is good since Home does wake up the screen. It seems if that were the problem it would not explain the 'no hibernate' issue. But I'll check.

I have this suspicion that this happened somehow when I de-registered and deleted data (was planning to sell it). Maybe it corrupted some file in the process. Seems like there should be some recovery procedure short of restoring 1.6 but at least that is something to try—it's not very usable in its current state.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote