Thread: Touch New Nook freezing
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
I've had my Nook STR freeze as described twice now, and only had it about 1 week. But I know what is triggering it, at least the 2 instances I've seen. It only happens when I use the touch screen to turn pages, and it only happens if I happen to touch a set of ellipses - you know: ....

For some strange reason, when I accidentally touch that set, it pops up a bubble at the top of the screen (like a dictionary bubble) and the touch screen loses all function. The home button works, but since I can't select a soft-menu button I can't do anything about it.

So, definitely bug of some kind. Hopefully this will get fixed in a software update.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote