View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4S, Nook STR
Over here, some schools are starting to use touchscreen tablets (students still purchase physical textbooks though, not sure when/if this would change); and teachers are panicking over controlling Facebook and Twitter usage during lessons. Personally, it's just bullshit. Sometimes it seems like "innovation" through IT usage has been abused to simply be a way of showing off to the rest of the small population who care.

From experience (as educator), some students are still somewhat kinesthetic learners (if the usage is accurate here) in that they learn simply by putting pen to paper all the notes the teacher provides.

It's also going to create a new form of discrimination against students whose financial and family background prevents them from being as technologically savvy as the rest. I know a 15-year old boy who struggles with the computer while his classmates leap ahead.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote