View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 05:13 AM   #72
cme
allesebook.de
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by reve View Post
Anyway since I am about to make the decision here, does anyone else notice the I'd almost say extreme ghosting (for the generation of e-ink displays today) and/or the low-ish contrast (compared to Kindle at least)? ...
But the ghosting and the contrast ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupstin View Post
I have noticed the same thing. In fact, I think it's a deal breaker for me. I guess I'll end up with the K3 when all is said and done. Hopefully it's a software issue and not an inherent quirk of the particular screen they're usinig.
I reviewed the iriver Story HD too and compared it very thoroughly to the Sony PRS-650, which has the same screen as the Amazon Kindle. I couldn't see any difference in contrast - absolutly none. And I didn't encounter any ghosting. There is more ghosting on the PRS-650 than on the Story HD.

However, the version I've tested was the basic one without wifi and google. Maybe those get produced and assembled somewhere else, with displays from a different factory ...

Here is another picture showing the Story HD side by side with the PRS-650. I couldn't see any contrast difference in real life and I can't see any in the picture:

You can find the full-size picture, along some others in my (german) iriver story hd review.

Last edited by cme; 07-29-2011 at 10:27 AM.
cme is offline   Reply With Quote