Okay...I poked around in the client a bit and figured out what you are talking about...I fairly
sure that's something different than what I linked in my original post. It's certainly something I haven't had to do before.
I tested/started the server through those options on another machine using Calibre, and when i tested it, it opened in my browser....however, it was just the local test. The external try still leads to the same screen
So, again - I've been going with the instructions that I had linked in my first post - and this has worked before, and in fact did until earlier tonight. I'm still able to connect - it's just not finding the books.
I've never gotten anything with the server through the GUI to work at all.