View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSaunders View Post
in fact I went with the Kobo WiFi because Sony's gone all touchscreen in the 6" size.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with your Kobo, do you have an aversion to touch screens? I just upgraded from my 505 and chose the 950 for a few of reasons, 1st I got a decent price on it, 2nd its screen was excellent and the touch screen features well integrated, 3rd calibre's driver dealing with Sony devices is very mature and extremely flexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSaunders View Post
I'm having lots of problems with calibre ePubs causing the Kobo to lock up, but the problem isn't localized to my piece of hardware.
What other hardware experiences this problem. I guess I'm lucky because I haven't had a problem on any of my ereaders with ePubs converted by calibre. It seems to me this might be a Kobo specific problem. Maybe you could share a PD book that causes the Kobo to lock up and we can take a look at it.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote