View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #67
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Jon made a suggestion, I agreed with it, others weighed in.
Nobody has been confused.The very poll itself is showing that no one is confused. Those who have wanted to weigh in have weighed in...I'm still not seeing the problem here. It really feels like you're saying everyone should have just shut up and said nothing at all.
Whoa! "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

Surfer's not saying that, at all. The reality of this campaign is that the gadfly-in-chief kept pushing for a change to December's classic month. At the point where he claimed (and a four-letter word starting with "L" would be appropriate here) that no one had posted in opposition to eliminating a classic month, things got contentious. So first of all, the gadfly shouldn't have made a false claim, easily disproved by scrolling upthread. So while gadfly is entitled to his opinion, he's not entitled to lie about other people's opinions.

Then gadfly pushed for a poll, even to trying to keep his hands clean and getting you to start it, which you, properly, resisted, kicking it over to BOb. So at this point, where was the groundswell in favor of change? But we had the poll, and guess what? Poll didn't go gadfly's way. So gadfly said, in so many words

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can we please dump the vote and dump the topic for December and pic something else?
Yes, we're frustrated. Yes, we've explained our position over and over and over. But just the same, we've had to deal with objections saying, "But it's so unfair!" once the vote seemed to be going in favor of keeping the classics.

And now that things are going against them, the anti-classic faction seems to want to compromise. Strong arm tactics didn't work, so now they want to talk. Oy! Bad timing.

Some of us wanted to look at the whole shibboleth when the issue was raised. Others just wanted to change what they didn't like. And some, perhaps, just like to create trouble.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote