View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #90
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Really? I remember AT&T using the "it's a computer not a phone" excuse when it came to access to certain apps at the time (Slingbox), but don't recall Apple making that argument as justification for warranties. Apple has one year warranties for their products, and offers extended 2 year warranties for Macs, iPads, iPods, and iPhones.

What "distinct" differences would Apple have/gain by calling an iPhone a computer instead of a phone? Obviously the carriers might want to make such a distinction, since they carry more than one model/types of phones, both feature and smartphones. AT&T refused to offer insurance for the original iPhone, for example.

What they get out of it I can't really say. I can only say what happened to me. I’m a recovering Apple fanboy; I’ve had iPhones since the first day they were released. When I purchased my 2nd iPhone (also on release day) I had to wait to buy a case because the store where I got it from was out. I ended up shattering my iPhone by the end of the day.

Making a very long story short, they told me the phone was a computer and that it wasn’t built to be carried around and used with the same rough nature of a phone. It was a computer and needed to be treated delicately as a computer.

BTW – they sent me a new one for free.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote