View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #85
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
I still believe that Jobs looked at the growing ebook market and thought that Apple could control that market the same way they controlled the music market. AND THEY WERE WRONG. They wrote a check that their asses couldn't cash and the result is Agency6 and the removal of bookstores from the iOS apps.
If they wanted to control the market:
a) Why did they arrange for prices to be fixed, so that they couldn't use their much greater cash pile to buy marketshare?
b) Why did they allow Amazon/B&N/Kobo to have eBook apps in the first place? Amazon don't allow it on the Kindle, B&N don't allow it in the Nook or Nook Color.

Quote:
Of course ebooks don't make the kind of money that music/whatever does for iTunes - cause it FAILED. I think that Jobs feels that if he isn't going to make book money on the iThing than no one would make money on the iThing.
Some figures I have found:
"Annual net sales of e-Books in the U.S.: $313 million (2009 figures, 176.6% increase comparing to 2008) "
How many times would that number have to double before it made any impact on Apple's finances at all?
It just isn't a very important market.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote