Thread: Goto Page?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
RSaunders,

If one of the problem books is public domain or otherwise legal to share, could you post it somewhere? I have a Kobo Wifi and I'd be happy to see if I can reproduce/fix the problem.
I have managed to make a new book with the problem. The text of this book is Pride and Prejudice. I am not trying to read that, so don't tell me there is already a better version for Kobo. It was simply a text file of the right size on Gutenburg.

Attached are the HTML source, the MOBI produced by calibre, and the EPUB produced by calibre. Load this book onto your Kobo and use the goto page function to skip to page 99 (out of 259). You will have no decatron spinning, and the buttons do nothing. I see the skip pages display over page 1 of the book. After a reset, you can get to 99 by skipping to 49 first. Then you can push the Home button move down and up and then select the book to go back to reading it. You will see your decatron spin and spin and then stop. This time it was at 2 o'clock.

Holding down the power button resets the device, and seems to do no harm.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Book 2 Test html.txt (724.5 KB, 111 views)
File Type: mobi Book 2 TEST - Unknown.mobi (427.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: epub Book 2 TEST - Unknown.epub (346.2 KB, 52 views)
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote