Thread: Goto Page?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Correct, I do not have a "touch". I'm a long-time Sony user moving off that platform because they only offer touchscreens, which I find glaring and fingerprinted.

I managed to get to page 64 by just pushing the "right" button enough times. However, I've read a little farther into the book, and a new hangup has surfaced. Now when I open the book the Kobo puts up a quote while "LOADING". (it seems to fancy the Asimov "sufficiently advanced technology" one) The decatron spins in the corner for 1 minute and then goes away. Alas, I am not looking at my book, I'm still looking at the quote. Oh, and none of the buttons do anything. Luckily I can hold down the power button to reboot.

Sadly, the book is copyrighted. Even though it has no DRM, I vote against DRM with my $, it seems to barf the Kobo. It's just a long HTML file, converted to MOBI and then ePub. No links or chapters or fancy stuff. The only other odd thing I've noted is that the Kobo doesn't respect the non-breaking space symbols in the HTML. Perhaps this is an artifact of the conversion process.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote