View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #46
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrete View Post
a bit off topic, but do you have any spesific program you use when scanning books?
I usually scan with Acrobat Pro; sometimes I scan with FineReader. I'd love to find something that scans directly to multi-page tiff; I haven't found anything cheap (or less than $200) but I have to admit I haven't looked far, because I do have Acrobat and FR and, should I need it, some access to frighteningly robust scanning software & hardware at work.

For people who don't care to throw that much money at software (which is reasonable; I worked with them professionally for years before I decided to spend my own money on them), I like the diybookscanner system (which I haven't tried but intend to) and/or something like Irfanview, which is open-source, free, works portably (you can put it on a flash drive), and a lot more versatile than I've ever had the need to sort out.