View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
I have only just received my Touch. I spent the 2 plus weeks waiting for it to arrive obsessively reading MR to learn other's experiences. After reading the posts about issues with Calibre I was very careful when I loaded my books. I started one at a time and progressed up to 5 and then (feeling reckless!) 10 ebooks per transfer.
I allowed plenty of time for them to transfer waiting 20 to 30 seconds after the "job" was supposedly complete before disconnecting my Touch. I used the Calibre disconnect waited 20 to 30 seconds and then checked with Windows before actually removing the USB. Only once was I still connected when I checked with Window and that was when I didn't wait before checking.
Loading 250 books this way took quite a while but it made me be ruthless with most of the 150 freebies I have collected over the past year. They are still in my Calibre library but haven't made it onto my Touch.
Most but not all of my covers made it across - probably 10 or so from the 250 books. However most of those covers were missing on my original Kobo as well. I have never understood why this happens as I have attempted to redo the covers several times. Sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't.
if your books are placed on an micro sd card then doing a factory reset will result in the books being reprocessed by your touch and your covers will be there. I have over 3000 ebooks.. and while not all have covers I did take the time to track most down. All my books that have covers have them show up. I have decided the best way to deal with it is to use calbire to process my books but not to let it ineteract with my touch untill they have sorted this issue out. As long as calibre does not communicate with my touch, or interact via the server or even disableing the connect to folder option ( yes this leaves information on the card) My covers show on all the books I drag and drop into the device.
Factory reset erases the main memory and restores it to out of the box new. You just rerun the set up skip calibre interaction and your good to go as soon as it process the books that were on the sd card. Voila your covers show up.
good luck

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote