View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Calibre Corruption with Kobo Touch

Ok after much fighting with my Kobo Touch, I have noticed a strong indication that when ever calibre is being used to push books to the touch, The covers show only long enough to indicate that they are there. Once the KT is ejected and processes the books the covers show up as blanks..Now oddly enough if you do a factory reset and the KT does it thing all those books that were now showing blank covers are now showing the covers correctly. The issue seems to be with whatever calibre is doing when it talks to the KT. Now When I deny Calibre access to the KT by disableing the kobo drivers, and connecting the msd card direcetly the problem remains the same the books that are pushed to the touch are blank covers..Untill a factory reset takes place and then those books are reprocessed and the touch sees and shows the covers.
Now no matter what happens as long as calibre does not talk to the touch the covers go over and show up all the time clean, clear, no factory reset needs to happen.
It further occurs to me that calibre May actually be corrupting important files on the touch and creating some of the random errors that we seem to be seeing. This makes sense as the software is not exclusive to the touch.

So what I have actually observed is as soon as calibre comunicates with the KT its all down hill from there. It may take it a long time to read the info from the touch but it definatly is writing information to the file system of the touch and that takes seconds. Its when it is making this connection that the data is being corrupted.

Plus this "eReader Storage Error " I have been seeing... I have duplicated and only duplicated with the use of Calibre. I can not reproduce this error any other way. Tested it 5 times with calibre result was 100 percent storage error... Tested 5 times with out using Calibre and never had an issue.

So we seriously need to look at what is happening with the touch when it talks with calibre.

Jack

Last edited by jackastor; 12-20-2012 at 05:52 PM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote