View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
OK now you got me curious, especially after reading some excerpts on Amazon. There's quite a few books. Are there any of his you consider a good place to start?

If you're the kind of person who really enjoys off-the-wall humor and can accept the premise of cockroaches, then I wholeheartedly recommend "The Cockroaches of Stay More." Although it's very humorous, it's filled with compassion and sentiment.

I also recommend "Lightning Bug," one of his early novels of Stay More, and the one that got me hooked on him.

For a more recent book, you might try "With."

Here's a quote from Amazon about Harington: Donald Harington was one of America's greatest writers of fiction. His fifteen novels have been called jubilant, lyrical, foxy, captivating, delicate, bawdy, playful, reckless, joyful, courageous. Set in the fictional hamlet of Stay More, Arkansas, Harington's stories blend myth, dreamscape and sharply observed speech and manners to depict a rich, eccentric, rural society.

In talking with other Arkansans (I am one), for those who enjoy his work we don't simply like him as a writer; rather, I would say we love his work and the body of literature that he so lovingly created.

Because of the rural nature of his work, he may not be for everyone.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-23-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote