Thread: ANN: Navigator
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #10
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, in love with iRex DR800S. Also a K4NT. Now a Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by igi_net View Post
Thank you, Iņigo

It is very useful software. I have a lot of files with long names and your navigator is much better and more helpful, than standard soft.

One thing I noticed that is not exactly intuitive - your navigator do not show parent directory name as part of the file list... I took for me several minutes, before I looked up your explanations :-) and clicked top corner path to navigate off current directory.

May be it make sense to put this additional line (clickable parent dir name) as first line in the file list? (while keeping top corner info as it is - unmodified).
Thanks for your comments.

First code used to have a ".." parent entry as first item in the list but it didn't fit good with the details view, and it also made code more complex.
Anyway, I think once you know how to go up, it's much easier now.

Note two additional features:
- if you are in first entry, doing a "long left" you navigate to updir
- the path entry at top is special: clicking on parts of the "label" you can navigate to different paths... it's a poor's man breadcrumb. And same for bookmarks "labels"

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote