View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
@les, some manufacturers such as Bookeen have had a setting to turn off the flash for years now so I don't think it'll really hurt anything. It does end up causing ghosting though and I'm not sure a refresh every so many pages instead (like B&N does on the new Nook) is more desirable than just letting it refresh on every page turn. Seems to me it would be more distracting, although I don't find the current flash any more distracting than say turning a page in a pbook (ghosting can be really distracting though).

As to why someone like Amazon hasn't done it to this point it likely has to do with the number of tech support calls they'd get about ghosting (just check their CS Q&A forum to see some of the questions that get asked every day) so they'd likely want something to be "perfect" before doing it.

I love reading about the experiments folks do with their hardware like this, you never know what someone will come up with.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-16-2011 at 01:38 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote