View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #95
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetdream View Post
Paola you have helped me before very much and now I think you will again Sheeps is my fave theme too! I have been using it but "Soft" is linking to the games directory and not applications. On the PB 360+ it looks like it deletes the game directory sometimes on boot up I lucked out and was able to restore the apps in there but I can't keep putting apps in games only to have them deleted! I came in late in the conversation so I'm trying to piece together theme editing but it gives me a good feeling that you edited the same theme to do the same kind of thing. I am going to keep looking but if you could sum up how to do something like this in one post I would really appreciate it!
Hi Violet,
first of all bear in mind that I am really no techie and go mostly by (very basic) trial and error. Having said this, it is quite easy to change this. First of all you have to download the themes editor from this post of Kacir's as well as the Sheeps material, and unzip the whole lot. Then you go into the sheeps directory, and edit the "Sheeps.txt" file with any data editor (my advice would be to make a copy of the original sheeps directory, or keep the zip file in case anything goes wrong".
What you really want to do is to edit this line:
Quote:
menu.item.10.action=OPENDIR,ANY:/games,@Games,@Games_empty
substituting to "games" the name of the applications directory in your machine. Then you save the file, run the "bat" file in the same directory, and obtain a "Sheeps.pbt" file in the directory above the sheeps one - that's your theme. But I suspect you can do much more than this, so just play around with it and change the directories as you like them. Enjoy!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote