View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #263
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Smile

My "local" is Taunton, 3 floors, large, the one I use most, big is Exeter, middling is Tiverton.

All, in my experience, have brilliant staff that seem to really enjoy books, and helping you to get the book you want. Never had a bad experience in any Waterstones store.
They started with a very simple basic premise, I suppose, and still seem to live by it.
The Taunton staff were really helpful when I got my 650, and very helpful in tracing a 350 for me from their central distribution. Also very nice in showing me the screen that said no more stock coming, and the problems they had with Sony support.

They didn't know why - in all 3 stores - suddenly all their ereading stuff (covers, chargers, readers etc...) not just Sony, appeared in a "generic" blueish pack, instead of the maker's packaging. But when I ordred the 350, it arrived in the original Sony livery. I found that a bit odd - who paid for the identical packaging, I wonder ?

Last edited by carpetmojo; 07-06-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: missed a bit......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote