View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #258
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
You must be looking in strange places... in the UK, Birmingham, High Street Waterstones not only has Sonys on display (both 350 & 650 and in stock) but also has some elonex and Bookeen Opus at the moment also in stock...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizilla View Post
Borders and Best Buy are next door to each other here, and both have several ereader choices. The only overlap between them is Sony - but neither pushes Sony as hard as they push their other choices. You can see six brands without having to move your car.
Looks like I'm standing (laying on the bed) corrected!

The Borders in my area shut down, sadly. And my BBs had the Sony on display, but nothing else... oh, maybe the Nook too, but like on a bottom shelf, and not for demo IIRC. Of course, there are much larger BBs than the ones in my area. I sure hope the prevalence of eReaders in stores becomes more prominent, even in the smaller stores, as that's good all-around for the industry!

BTW, I'm not counting the iPad or any other of that ilk because (a) it's not a dedicated eReader, and (b) it uses LCD... which, I admit, is snobbery on my part -- but snobbery in a good way!

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote