View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #17
AnneT
Zealot
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook One, Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
And please do not say Kindle users are locked into Amazon online bookstore, that's not correct. We are not. We are NOT forced to buy from Amazon bookstore. As long as the ebook is DRM free, we can sideload books on mobi or ePub format (via Calibre conversion)
As long as the ebook is DRM free...
And indeed, I forgot to mention that my primary language isn't English, but my requirement about multiple dictionaries, and a search-functionality 'not only in English' could have told that I would like to read books that aren't English... (And my English grammar and spelling should have told you that it's not my primary language )
And so I will have to turn to European bookstores, who sell DRM-protected content, that can't be read on a Kindle.

I know, I forgot to mention lots of things that are important to me in my first post... but that's partly because I only have an ereader for a week, and don't realize yet what could be an important factor...

Don't want to start an argument pro or contra Amazon, pro or contra Kindle... I just think Kindle isn't exactly the right ereader for some-one in Europe who wants to read in Dutch, French, German and Italian, apart from some English books.
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote