View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #12
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I read some YA, and I haven't seen any new releases that did not also have an ebook release.

eP
I haven't either, and that's honestly surprised me, because I've expected there to be a smaller market for YA ebooks for precisely the reason Elfwreck mentioned. But it could be due to the types of YA I read -- mostly fantasy and paranormal romance, which tend to sell like hotcakes and have adult cross-over.

As to what is YA, I've always loosely classified it as "books with a teen protagonist that deal with teen issues and/or were written with teens in mind as the target audience."

Quote:
i always get weird looks when i buy beautiful hardcovers of children's books by myself lol
Ignore the weird looks! Good lit is good lit regardless of what age level it's marketed to.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote