View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #113
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
We have been assuming that the ebooks will need to incorporate various fonts and illustrations, but that may not be the case. Having pulled my UK editions of the novels off the shelf and thumbed through them again, they don't have any of those things, and the US editions might be in the minority in having them. I haven't been able to actually look at any non-English editions beyond the Greek/Latin ones, and I'm pretty sure they lacked illustrations and varied fonts as well. So, maybe the whole font/illustrations/page layout thing will be moot, and they'll just be basic text-only epub/mobi and all our format-wank has been for nothing.

That still leaves the trouble of what format to use for the three charity books, since they are heavily illustrated and don't really work in text-only format, but we don't even know whether or not those are being released electronically, and I imagine that less of the public is going to care about those than the actual novels.

Last edited by Nahgem; 06-28-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: clarification
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote