Sony PRS-650 Touch, Pocketbook Pro 603... Other suggestions?
Only recently I bought my first eReader, a BeBook one refurbished. I had been doubting which one to buy for quite some time, because it is difficult to find out what you really want if you aren't used to the 'service' at all.
So I went for this one, because of the low price, and bought it merely to find out what I liked, disliked or missed, and to be able to make a better informed choice for a future device.
So far, I like the device, but...
- 6 inch is just what I like, smaller would be to small, and a larger one shouldn't fit comfortably in my bag.
- eInk is excellent, since I like to read outdoors.
- I don't like the black flash of the screen when I turn a page, but it seems this is something inherent to eInk?
- Wifi connectivity would be nice, but is not a must. No 3G needed.
- What I really miss is the possibility to take short notes or at least to highlight parts of the text, and I really want a search functionality (preferably not only English) and dictionary lookup (multiple languages).
I think this means a touch-screen too.
- It would be nice to be able to arrange books into folders... (I haven't found out yet a comfortable way to arrange my books on my BeBook.)
- Being used to work on a Linux computer, it would be nice the device offers some way of 'customization', 'hackability'.
From what I read until now, I think the Pocketbook Pro 603 comes closest to my wishes, but if someone has other suggestions, remarks... I listening!