View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayScore View Post
Thanks peeps. Knowing what one can't do is just as valuable as the opposite. Much obliged.
Instead of playing with the command line, you'd do yourself a favor by learning a bit more about the library and the GUI. Ultimately, you'll find there is no better way to handle your ebooks than just leaving them in Calibre. Right now, you probably have some method of getting them onto a reader, but Calibre can do that job better, make them available to you over the internet, convert them to the format your next reader needs, help you find them, etc.

Yesterday I asked Calibre to show me all the books that had received a literature award, or a nomination, where I had only two formats, EPUB and TXT, but no other formats, that did not have a tag "Finished" (meaning I had finished editing them), that were tagged with my name, not my wife's and that were in the nonfiction genre.

You can't do that sort of searching/display of books without tools like Calibre provides. If you learn to use it, you won't regret it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote