This plugin allows calibre to read metadata from Beam eBooks
when you choose to download/fetch metadata. Additionally to the usual author and title information, it obtains and stored the store-specific beam ebooks id which will be used in a forthcoming plugin to automatically synchronize your local calibre installation with your private bookshelf at beam eBooks.
Special thanks to kiwidude
, whose plugins were a great inspiration.
Project overview is at OhLoh
, and sources are available at Launchpad
. Patches and pull requests very welcome
Main features on v1.0.0:
- Can retrieve beam ebooks id, title, author
- Option to set the series and series_index information for Perry Rhodan books
- By retrieving the beam ebooks id this plugin is preparing ground for the upcoming bookshelf sync plugin
- The beam ebooks id will also be displayed in the book details panel to be clicked on and taken directly to the website for that book
- Use the plugin updater that is integrated in calibre since 0.8.6
- If that is not possible, download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Introduction to plugins thread
- Note that this is not a GUI plugin so it is not intended/cannot be added to context menus/toolbars etc.