View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Kindle 3 search function and "Collection" troubleshooting

A few questions...

Whenever I do a search within "my items" on my Kindle, it takes forever. It appears that this is because my searches are not only trying to match my query to Title or Author fields, but are also searching within the main body text of every single book in my library. I called customer support and they said that it was because I had files that were not purchased from Amazon; for Amazon-purchased books, the search function from the main page is limited to titles and authors. This sounds like B.S., but maybe I'm wrong here. Can anyone confirm Amazon's position here? Or does the search function indeed operate as I have described, regardless of where you got the books?

If it is the latter, is there any way to do Title/Author-limited searches on your Kindle?

If not, I'm wondering if using the "Collections" sorting feature might at least make navigating my library less painful. But, in order for that to work, I'd really need to be able to add books to collections in bulk. Is there any way to do this?

Btw, I've been using Calibre for managing my library and transferring files to the Kindle...
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote