First week's Poll Results...
Ok, March Break is over and what have we learned, here, about our beloved eBookwise 1150 (still under $140 I may add!)?
Well, for starters, roughly 30 responses does not make for accurate results, but what the heck:
1. Just over a third (35%) of us have only the EBW 1150, which means they are relatively new to the whole NuvoMedia/SoftBook/Gemstar legacy world. They have not yet learned to stray.
2. That leaves almost two-thirds (60%) with either older legacy readers (like me) and/or newer e-ink devices.
3. Of those with e-ink devices as well, almost half (47%) have multiple ebooks readers (and probably hoards of other gadgets). The Sony ebook reader seems the upgrade path of choice with almost one in three (33%) making that decision. The Amazon Kindle only had about 10% support as the only other ebook reader EBW1150 owners have as did the Cybook Gen 3.
4. No-one chose to 'upgrade' solely to the (most) expensive e-ink device, iLiad. Can we assume EBW 1150 owners to be more frugal?
5. In the end, just under half (43%) are using Gemstar/ETI devices and have not entered the world of e-ink devices. Could backlighting be THAT important?
Thanks to all who participated!
Last edited by nrapallo; 03-22-2008 at 10:29 PM.